Leisure World of Maryland 2017 Snow Removal Plan
Leisure World of MD 2017 Snow Plan
The Leisure World of MD Grounds Department published its 2017 Snow Plan to ensure safety for the community’s 8,000+ residents, 29 housing associations (Mutuals), and 55 miles of roads/walkways.
As the policy states, once Montgomery County announces that a snow emergency is in effect, Leisure World also enforces its snow emergency restrictions.
When it first begins to snow, snow plowing for Leisure World Maryland occurs in the following priority order:
1) Through streets to allow continual access for rescue vehicles and other vehicles required for emergency medical care
Rossmoor Boulevard, South and North Leisure World Boulevards, Interlachen Drive, Norbeck Boulevard, Gleneagles Drive, Chiswick Court, Connecticut Avenue, Kelmscot Drive, Hyde Park Drive, Twin Branches Drive, Fitzhugh Lane, Tarkington Lane, Prince Frederick Way, Pine Orchard Drive, and Pennfield Circle
2) Primary access roads
Fiske Drive and Terrace, Edelmar Drive and Terrace, Ludham Drive, Forest Edge and Glade Drives, Vantage Hill Road, Bramblewood Drive, Bassett Lane, and Glen Eagles Drive
3) “Courts,” “Squares,” “Terraces,” and “Ways” that give access to a dozen or more units
Driveways that provide access to less than a dozen units
When the snow stops, shoveling crews begin working in the following order:
1) Entrances and sidewalks at the Clubhouses (I & II) and Administration Building (if open)
2) Primary access paths, from the main entrance to the parking lot, for apartment buildings and individual units
Note: Machine clearing for long stretches of walkways and perimeter walks also occurs at this time
Snow removal crews must provide access to a primary roadway, including sidewalks, within a certain time period after snow has stopped. This time frame depends on snowfall accumulation amount.
- For snowfalls of 12” or less: Within 24 hours after precipitation stops
- For snowfalls of 12”-24”: Within 36 hours after precipitation stops
- For snowfalls of 24” or more: Within 48 hours after precipitation stops
The Grounds Department also informs residents of parking restrictions during a snow emergency:
- Snow Emergency Route streets
- Reserved and Visitor parking spaces in housing parking lots
In the case of a snowbound vehicle: McFall & Berry’s services do not accommodate shoveling out parked vehicles; however, individuals can register with the Grounds Department to shovel out stranded vehicles for a fee. These individuals will receive an identification card as proof that they are on the Department’s approved list to offer this service.
For medical emergencies, other reported issues, and updates during a snow emergency, the Grounds Department provides relevant contact information:
- Medical emergencies: Call 911.
- A medical appointment that cannot be rescheduled: Call the Grounds Department (301-598-1314) three hours prior to the appointment for assistance. (Check if the medical facility for the appointment is open first.)
- Struck/stranded vehicles and accidents: Call the Main Gate (301-598-1044).
- Updates on snow-related information (e.g., trash pick-up, bus schedules, events and activities, facility closings): Call the Daily Events Line (301-598-1313), check the Leisure World TV channel 972, and/or check the Leisure World website.
Finally, the Grounds Department advises Leisure World residents to stock up on at least a one-week supply of essentials (i.e., food and medicine, as well as other important items like batteries, reading materials, and blankets/winter clothing) during the winter season. With their “blueprint for a safe and healthy winter,” the Department provides residents with important and helpful information when a snow emergency is in effect for the Leisure World community.
Leisure World in Silver Spring, MD is a private, gated, age-restricted community that is highly regarded as the top living choice for 55+ residents in the area. With its amenable services, prime location, and on-site facilities including Clubhouse I, Clubhouse II, the 18-hole Golf Course, fitness facility, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, restaurants, MedStar Medical Center, and Physical Properties Department, the Leisure World community keeps its 8,000+ residents comfortable, informed, safe, and happy.
Barbara Michaluk, Realtor and Authorized Leisure World Specialist
Phone 240-506-2434 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Michaluk, Realtor
Email: email@example.com / Web: BarbaraSellsMDhomes.com
Authorized Leisure World Specialist / Senior Real Estate Specialist /
Internet Marketing Specialist / Certified E-Pro / Certified Staging Agent
Weichert Realtors / 3816 International Dr / Silver Spring, MD 20906