Safety Tips to Keep in Mind for the Holidays
Here are some Holiday Safety tips to keep in mind this season while traveling out of town or shopping for friends and family:
• Get an automatic timer for your lights
• Ask a neighbor to watch your home, shovel snow and park in the driveway from time to time if you’re traveling.
Don’t post your travel plans on social media. Wait until you return and then share your photos.
If You’re Out for the Evening
• Turn on lights, TV or radio to give the appearance that someone is home.
• Make sure to lock all doors and windows, even if you will only be gone for a few minutes.
• Don’t display gifts where they can be seen from the outside.
If You’re Shopping
• Stay alert and be aware of what’s going on around you.
• Park in well-lit areas and place shopping bags and gifts in the trunk.
• Don’t overburden yourself with shopping bags. If you must, divide your shopping trip into stages so that you aren’t returning to your car with both hands full of bags.
Barbara Michaluk, Realtor
Email: email@example.com / Web: BarbaraSellsMDhomes.com
Authorized Leisure World Specialist / Senior Real Estate Specialist /
Internet Marketing Specialist / Certified E-Pro / Certified Staging Agent
Weichert Realtors / 3816 International Dr / Silver Spring, MD 20906